Show reviews that mention
service credit card account fax card customer credit number customer service trial
Filter review

Myfax.com still charging after trial subscript cancelled.

I own a small business and tried a trial subscription to my fax.com. I was unable to log onto the website after I signed up and was not able to get any support from them in order to make the website work. They would not return any of my email messages or phone calls requesting support. So of course I sent an email message to both their support and credit departments demanding they cancel my account. I signed up for the trial subscription in September and they were still charging me in December. When I called, they were very rude and non-understanding. I demanded they pay back the money they took but they refused. The manager I spoke with said "you can try legal action if you want, but we are a large company 12 layers deep". I can't tell you how incensed this has made me. I highly recommend RingCentral.com for fax services. They are polite and responsive. Shaun Murray, President, Interceptor Technology Group
Drayke

A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT will entitle us consumers who have all been wrongfully charged by this group to a refund and possible damages for their willful negligence and theft of our funds. Feel free to respond to this post if interested.

MYFAX has never been used for us as immediate request/cancellation was made within one hour of signing up, as we did not need this service.

Our login does not work, however they continue to bill as request for cancellation this action has been made since NOV 2013, it is now May 2014.

Final request with demand for proper action has been placed, however the company still refuses.

Baltimore, Maryland

Double Billing

Was billed for second fax account that I never validated or knew existed. A few months ago I had a MyFax sales rep attempt to set up an account for me over the phone because thier website was not working. When that account didn't work after several hours, I called back and was told that my first account wasn't valid. So, they set me up again. I recently discovered that I was being billed twice by MyFax and called support, the CS rep discovered another account was created at same time as my main fax account, but with a mispelled e-mail address. I asked how does MyFax confirm a new account. The CS rep says that someone just calls the accounts associated phone number and if they even get a voice mail, the MyFax staff will not leave a message and consider it a valid account. I commented on how someone could easily set up fax account with someone else's credit card and a free voice mail account. I was told that since the account was validated by MyFax that they bill for it, but he would pass on the information to the billing department. I asked when I would recieve a refund or communication and was told that I wouldn't get any communication. There was no apology, just that's the way it works. After two weeks with no refund or communication I cancelled my account and promised to share this experience with all my clients and anyone else who is considering doing business with this company.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Myfax Fax Service
Loss

MyFax.com - online Fax Provider - Stay Away.

Stay away from myfax.com !! I had an account that I had cancelled, after 3 months I realized they are still charging me on my CC. Customer support said it was their new software they used, that's why I could not log in. I have not used it for 3 months, but they still refused to grant refund to me, even though it was their new HTTP/Software that screwed it up. The don't value their good name or good customers. Do not subscribe ever! Stay away from myfax.com !! I had an account that I had cancelled, after 3 months I realized they are still charging me on my CC. Customer support said it was their new software they used, that's why I could not log in. I have not used it for 3 months, but they still refused to grant refund to me, even though it was their new HTTP/Software that screwed it up. The don't value their good name or good customers. Do not subscribe ever!

Destin, Florida
Product
Myfax Account

Protus / MyFax - unethical billing

They notify me in Jun my credit card cannot be billed and service will be interrupted. 3 months later they send several emails I owe 3 months of service. Customer service call hold time 30mins. Live Chat request over 45mins not sure of total wait because I left the site. Sales Live Chat popped up (not my request) and immediately ended the chat when I stated the purpose of call. That is shady and wrong. MyFax has no history of my loyalty and how many customers I referred the over years through their referral program. I am a 100% responsible for cancelling my account but their interrupted service is misleading and I thought it was cancelled because they had no way of billing me. I still have to pay. Be Careful of their notifications and be loyal to a better company.

Next step, CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. (POST NUMBER 486512)

Fraudulent Company. Same thing happened to me.

I paid for a one year subscription with a different e-fax provider, who was purchased by Protus. They are trying to bill me for $110 dollars for a service I never signed up for or used.

@PissedConsumer367491

View more comments (2)
Los Angeles, California
Product
Myfax Account
I am cancelling my service because none of my cover pages were populating with who the recipient was, the client info, notes, nothing. I sent 75 pages, that I became aware of, with blank covers. I had an insurance company say they never received my recert info, a...

North Charleston, South Carolina
Myfax Fax Service
MyFax.com offers a free 1 month trial, and upon trying their service, I decided it wasn't very good. The probem is they put in the 4,500+ word terms and conditions that on day 31, they will automatically charge you, and continue to charge you each month until you...

Tucker, Georgia