There is NO reason any company should request your bank statements just to process a payment.

MetroFax did exactly that to me (as they have many, many others). My account had been opened just a few hours when I received an email stating:

"To unsuspend your account:

Please provide a copy of your most recent credit card statement showing the name and billing address associated with your credit card account."

AND, after locking out access to my fax account, they asked me to:

"You may fax the documents to 1-310-943-1442 or mail them to:

MetroFax Credit Department

6922 Hollywood Boulevard, Suite 500

Hollywood CA 90028"

There is no way I am faxing a copy of my statement to a number I unexpectedly received via email.

There is no legitimate reason any person should have to supply copies of their statements to SIMPLY PROCESS A CHARGE OF LESS THAN EIGHT DOLLARS! Yes, that's correct. A single $7.95 US Dollar charge.

This applies to MyFax.com, MetroFax.com, eFax.com, eVoice, onebox.com, FuseMail.com, Campaigner.com, and several other lines of business, all divisions of J2 Cloud Inc. (http://www.j2global.com)

Avoid them. Avoid the risk of their blatantly incompetent billing and accounting staff and practices.

Seriously, when is the last time you were asked to provide copies of your banking statements, driver's license, and proof of residency just to give someone $8.00 US???

Product or Service Mentioned: Myfax Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Oh no, I'm just about to sign up for Metrofax based on this recommendation:https://thetechreviewer.com/tech-tips/best-online-fax-service/Your experience is making me think otherwise. Did you ever get it settled? If not, what other companies do you recommend?