My cancellation date was 3/25/14, and I tried to log in to cancel the account. But it was locked. By the time I could find the way to have it unlocked, it was late in the evening. I used supposedly "24/7" online live chat to cancel as instructed on their website. No...
Drayke

A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT will entitle us consumers who have all been wrongfully charged by this group to a refund and possible damages for their willful negligence and theft of our funds. Feel free to respond to this post if interested.

MYFAX has never been used for us as immediate request/cancellation was made within one hour of signing up, as we did not need this service.

Our login does not work, however they continue to bill as request for cancellation this action has been made since NOV 2013, it is now May 2014.

Final request with demand for proper action has been placed, however the company still refuses.

Next step, CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. (my POST NUMBER 486512)

Myfax Account
I tried their service, but after ready the reviews, I don't feel comfortable keeping my credit card inormation on their website. as I can't even get hold of live chat of support. They say I cancel my account but cant get hold of anyone I have been trying to cancel the...

Yes, it's true. I'm now facing the same situation.

Although I told them that I'm not living in the U.S. and that would cost me a lot to make international call despite them having email where it is much easier and cost-effective for the customer - still they don't care. I've read quite several reviews of myfax and all are similar - their customer support suck! They never will provide customers an easy or friendly service to cancel the subscription as it is their source of income.

Because they know this is burdensome for the customers and some would give up so they can continue stealing people's money. Shame to you myfax!

View more comments
Chicago, Illinois
Loss

Myfax - Unauthorized charges; Rep lied and said he'd reimburse the amount back to my account

MyFax made an unauthorized charge to my bank account. When canceling on the very morning the pending transaction was made, the customer rep acknowledged this transaction and that he would rescind this amount. A month later, I was checking my account and found out that the transaction was still there! And now, I'm not even sure if he officially canceled my account. I'd advised to stay away from this company and to not give them your credit card information. At the moment, I'm changing my debit card to avoid getting charged again from this company since they are not to be trusted.

Loss

Myfax - Tried to cancel account for 2 months-kept charging my acct.

I tried for 2 months to get an email to MyFax, speak with a customer service rep or the online chat rep, all with no success. I waited 32 minutes on the first call to customer service and 22 the second time. The second time they finally got on the line. The person on the line barely spoke English and was very rude regarding my cancellation. She refused to do anything for me regarding refund. The last charge was for 3 months and her only offer was to keep the account active till the end of the month. This is the 3rd time I have dealt with MyFax and it will be the last time. If there is a way to spread the news regarding this totally unethical company, I will absolutely do it. They do not even have a clue what customer service means. Very very bad.

Sacramento, California

Myfax - Continued renewal after I cancelled

Myfax is one of the most unethical companies I have ever dealt with. Once they have your credit card number you are their hostage. I even changed my credit card number and they still were able to charge. They claimed the only way they would honor a cancellation is if I had a cancellation confirmation email. However, I did not know that was a requirement until they renewed - a year later. I contacted them as soon as the charge appeared on my card - for services not yet rendered. They refused to reverse the charges and offered for me to use the service for the year that I had paid for. I haven't used that service since 2010!!. Do business with Myfax at your own risk!!

Corona, California

Myfax - Test Fax to myselft never received/Sent fax took 4 days

I sent myself two "test" faxes which I never received and the one fax I sent to another number (whole reason I needed a fax number) took FOUR days to come in. By then the office had received the hard copy I mailed. They charge my account for the first month anyway. The customer "chat" said available 24/7 which they were NOT and the number they gave me to call to cancel was a little time consuming but not impossible. Maybe I got lucky because I got a real person the first time. RIP OFF> mad mad mad mad mad mad. Is that 100 words now??

Lawrenceville, Georgia

Myfax - Incredibly Difficult to Cancel

I created an account because I needed occasional faxes to be sent but it turns out there's a file size limit of 18MB which is just too small for what I need so I decided to cancel it before my credit card was charged. I tried calling the number but was put on hold and eventually disconnected. Next I checked their FAQ "How do I cancel my account" and it says "click here to chat with a representative (available 24/7)." I click the button and wait a little bit and a lady finally gets on and I tell her I would like to cancel my account and she says "You'll have to call support" and closes the chat immediately. I reopen the chat and try again and this time they transfer me to another rep as soon as I give them my fax number and without asking anything this guy says he'd be happy to assist me in cancelling my account. This, apparently, is a very hard process because it took 30 minutes of me "holding please" while he "cancelled my account" before he finally confirmed that it was, in fact, cancelled. I'm looking forward to my credit card statement this month...

Honolulu, Hawaii
Myfax Account
If you try to email these people they will give you a number to call to stall you and *** you off even more - this number they give you doesn't work! Nobody picks up the phone. There's an automated machine answering you but she never actually connects you with a real...

Vaughan, Ontario
Loss
I was on a $20/year plan at MyFax and have been happy with the service for the last year. Then I received an email from MyFax on March 7th telling me that, "We are excited to share that we will soon be launching a new version of our MyFax platform for you effective...

Myfax Account

Myfax - I cannot cancel my account, and they continue to charge my cc

I cannot cancel my account, and they continue to charge my cc, even i did not selected any paid plan. I had a trial, which i never used, and now i realize, they charge me every month for using their service. My old account id and password does not work, i tried to restore my password, but i don't recieve any emails, even in spam folder, and i cannot contact the support. I don't want to cancel my credit card only because i cannot cancel my account on this *** service. Maybe i should contact my bank, and tell them about fraud?

Moscow, Moscow
Loss

MyFax.com - online Fax Provider - Stay Away.

Stay away from myfax.com !! I had an account that I had cancelled, after 3 months I realized they are still charging me on my CC. Customer support said it was their new software they used, that's why I could not log in. I have not used it for 3 months, but they still refused to grant refund to me, even though it was their new HTTP/Software that screwed it up. The don't value their good name or good customers. Do not subscribe ever! Stay away from myfax.com !! I had an account that I had cancelled, after 3 months I realized they are still charging me on my CC. Customer support said it was their new software they used, that's why I could not log in. I have not used it for 3 months, but they still refused to grant refund to me, even though it was their new HTTP/Software that screwed it up. The don't value their good name or good customers. Do not subscribe ever!

Destin, Florida

Protus / MyFax - unethical billing

They notify me in Jun my credit card cannot be billed and service will be interrupted. 3 months later they send several emails I owe 3 months of service. Customer service call hold time 30mins. Live Chat request over 45mins not sure of total wait because I left the site. Sales Live Chat popped up (not my request) and immediately ended the chat when I stated the purpose of call. That is shady and wrong. MyFax has no history of my loyalty and how many customers I referred the over years through their referral program. I am a 100% responsible for cancelling my account but their interrupted service is misleading and I thought it was cancelled because they had no way of billing me. I still have to pay. Be Careful of their notifications and be loyal to a better company.

Next step, CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. (POST NUMBER 486512)

Fraudulent Company. Same thing happened to me.

I paid for a one year subscription with a different e-fax provider, who was purchased by Protus. They are trying to bill me for $110 dollars for a service I never signed up for or used.

@PissedConsumer367491